December 5 we had a birthday party for Ben along with his cousins Dani and Brevon (Niki's kids) who are 5 weeks older than Ben. Ben and I worked hard trying to figure out what kind of cake to make. Ben would draw sketches of what he wanted and then I would attempt to draw it (if I can't draw it on paper, there is no way I can draw it in frosting). We finally decided that a Blue's Clues cake would be appropriate since he had to share it with his girl cousin, Dani (Blue is a girl dog). I really thought I would have two helpers when it came time to make the cake, but surprisingly I only had one (and not the one I was expecting).

I thought it turned out pretty good and Ben like it, so all is good. My mother-in-law took the kids to another Christmas party, otherwise the cake wouldn't have looked this good with a 21 month-old helping.

We crammed over 20 people in our house, but the kids had fun. I guess I didn't take many pictures of the event, but here are the three five year olds opening their gifts (r-t: Dani, Ben, Brevon)

We put 3 sets of 5 candles on the cake, so each kid had their own candles to blow out. Poor Dani ended up with a trick candle, which she thought was great!

All in all, I think the party went well and everyone seemed to have fun! Thanks to all who came and for the great gifts!

No comments:
Post a Comment