Monday, December 28, 2009

Ben's 5th Birthday

Since it was a couple weeks between his party with extended family and his birthday, we saved most of his presents from us for his actual birthday. I think we was pretty excited

Here is the robe that I made him that he is super excited about (plus he is talking on the phone to someone, which always make him supper excited). I had the wonderful idea that I was going to make it a couple sizes big so it would last him a few years. Well, it will last him, but there is about 3-4 inches that drag on the ground, so I think I will have to take up the hem and then let it down a little bit every year.
Ben has been asking for a new booster seat for awhile, but we haven't invested in one. He previously had a high-back booster that was a hand-me-down from a friend. So, he got his first backless booster. You can't see it, but there are big smiles behind that box.


I wasn't up for another fancy birthday cake, but we did make brownies and then used the extra frosting from his first cake to decorate. Simple, but it worked and was yummy! Ben even wrote the 'n' on the end of his name all by himself in frosting, not bad for a five year old.

No comments: