September 1st was the first day of goose hunting season. Calvin wasn't able to get out until Monday morning though. It worked out that Ben could go along as well. We didn't tell him the night before because we wanted to make sure he got a good night's sleep. So, a little before 6 am I went in and woke him up and asked if he wanted to go along with Dad hunting. He responded "Yes, but only if I can take Teddy along so I can sleep in the blazer." I told him that would be fine, but knew that he would be wide awake by the time he left the house. He was super quick getting ready to go and Calvin even let me snap a picture before they left.

Ben amused me and put on his hunting coat and posed with his pretend gun.

I was really hoping that they would come back with something, but no such luck. They saw a lot of birds, but nothing came close enough. They might be sneaking out this afternoon...so we will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment