Friday, September 4, 2009

Chip has a girlfriend...maybe

Well, our cat Chip is still around even though I thought he was a gonner for a few days there. He either had a close call with a car or my best guess is that he fell/jump out of a tree. Calvin doesn't like that theory because he says cats always land on their feet (and claims he has tested this theory). If you have seen the trees out by our drive and saw Chip struggle later that same week to climb down, you might agree that he lost his footing and fell, landing on his feet, but the speed in which he fell caused him to hit his face on the ground. It is consistent with the injuries he had anyway. So, besides missing a tooth, he is fine.

Last night, my mother-in-law was over and she went to go outside and asked when we got the second cat (I don't think I posted that Dale met his demise with a car several weeks before Chip fell from the tree). I told her we only had one, but sure enough there was a kitten maybe a month younger than Chip sitting outside our door. Chip didn't like there being another cat hanging around. He was hissing and yowling and was all bristled up. She is a very affectionate cat and was purring and massaging me when I picked her up. She wouldn't quit meowing even though she found Chip' s food and water. Everytime the door opened, she was tring to sneak in. So, if Chip lets her stay, she will have to learn some manners as Chip is very quiet and only sneaks in if the door gets left open. The boys were in bed, so they know nothing about her. If she is still around we will get some pictures.

No comments: