Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blueberry Picking

Yes we are still alive. I can't believe it has been two months since I posted any pictures. Yesterday I realized that if I was going to get blueberries, I needed to do them this week. So, this morning I got up and made some phone calls and found a place that was still doing u-pick. I made a post on facebook and had two friends take me up on the offer. Here is our group - Amy pushing the stroller, Maverick to the left of the stroller, Karlie in the stroller, Ally, Seth, Autumn, Ben, Me, and Kyle, and the lovely Jamie was taking the picture. None of us have ever gone blueberry picking before, so it was quite the adventure. I was expecting the bushes to be waist to shoulder high. This bush here, I had to grab them limb and pull it down to get these beautiful berries. Kyle ate a ton of them off the bushes and out of my bucket. He has had a lot of practice eating the raspberries out of our backyard, but then he started getting tired and lazy and started picking them up off the ground to eat - yuck!

Tomorrow is the last day that they are offering u-pick, so it took awhile to pick our berries. I didn't think we did too bad for being in the field for less than an hour and a half. Ben picked over a pound by himself, but he would hardly eat them in the field. Kyle and I managed to come back with 2.85 lbs. after munching pretty heavily on them while we were picking. Luckily they also had boxes available to buy, so we should have enough to make some pies, jam, and freeze some for this winter.

Thanks Jamie and Amy for making this an extra fun excursion today!!

No comments: