Kyle's story - Anyone that has been around Kyle for very long knows that Kyle doesn't snuggle much and Kyle doesn't sit still. Kyle's latest achievement is climbing up on the kitchen chairs. After every meal while a clean up the table, he pushes my chair away from the table far enough to climb up and then he will drink his milk and if there is food left on his plate, we will nibble at that. He is supposed to sit, but like every one year old that has just figured out how to climb up on a chair, he likes to stand. Tonight he started out fairly good about at least sitting on his knees, but eventually decided to stand up. I told him to sit down and he tried to sit down, but he was too close to the edge and tumbled off. Luckily his blanket was on the floor to cushion his fall to our ceramic tile floors. It was a very quiet fall (not the thunk I was expecting), but I gasped none the less. He started screaming and I scooped him up. He snuggle into my chest and cried for awhile. I took him to the rocking chair and we rocked for awhile with his head still over my heart and his legs tucked up under him. He didn't move a muscle for 5 minutes. I thought he must have cried himself to sleep. He peeked down at him and he was still awake. Slowly I started feeling him wiggle - first his fingers, then his feet, then like nothing had happened, he wiggled off my lap and went off to play. But for 5 short minutes, he was scared and needed to snuggle into Mom for comfort and I loved every minute of it.
Ben's story- Ben loves garage sales, so he was ecstatic when he found out that we were going to a garage sale this morning. It was a large garage sale at a Christian school. Our friends kids go there, so I told Ben after we got there that he could go and play with Justin. He chose to stay with me for about 10 minutes and then decided to play with Justin. I looked around for quite awhile and found a bunch of suitcases that were in great shape for $1 a piece. I took a large one for Calvin and I and 2 duffel bags for the boys. About that time Ben came and found me and was so excited about the suitcases. He figured out which one he wanted and went back out to play.
Once we got home, he couldn't wait to clean the suitcases up so we could use them to go out to Grammy and Papa's next weekend. He helped me scrub them down after we had lunch and Kyle was napping. We hung them out on the line to dry and he checked on them about every 30 minutes to see if they were dry. He finally carried them into the house and announced that they were dry. He wanted to know if he could put some stuff in them. I told he could play with them some today, but reminded him that there are 7 days before we leave for Illinois. He went into his room and was busy for a long time. He finally came out and announced that he had everything packed for Grammy and Papa's house. I asked him if he thought he would need any of the things he packed in the next 7 days or nights and he assured me he didn't. Here is what he packed and where:
pillow-stuffed animals and his blanket
Kyle's bag - teddy, tools to help Papa, more stuffed animals, match box cars, finger puppets, and a cup of water for Kyle in case he got thirsty on the ride out.
another small duffel from his closet- three more blankets
His duffel - 5 pairs of undies, 5 t-shirts, 4 pairs of pants and 1 pair of shorts (we will be there Friday night through Tuesday morning, so he thought he needed clothes for 5 days), more cars, musical instruments, binoculars, and a 12 inch piece of 1inch PVC.
I think he is just a little bit excited about going out to Illinois. We'll see by next Friday how much stuff is in the same place that he originally packed it.

No comments:
Post a Comment