Kyle loved the animals. The goats made him a little nervous. He enjoyed seeing them, but he didn't want to feed them. He kept pushing my hand to feed them . Ben on the other hand, basically ran in and threw the food at him. Niki never had a chance to snap a picture of him.
I asked the kids to get on the tortoise for a picture. An inner city group was in the same area that we were and one of the kids hoped on top of the tortoise and waited for his picture to be taken. His chaperon kept telling him to get down, but he wouldn't. My heart melted when I looked into his big brown eyes, so I had to snap the picture. He was so excited that I took his picture, that you couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.

I asked the kids to get on the tortoise for a picture. An inner city group was in the same area that we were and one of the kids hoped on top of the tortoise and waited for his picture to be taken. His chaperon kept telling him to get down, but he wouldn't. My heart melted when I looked into his big brown eyes, so I had to snap the picture. He was so excited that I took his picture, that you couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.

He politely hopped down and then his buddy hopped on and waited for his picture to be taken.

Finally, Dani, Brevon, and Ben pose on top of a decorative tortoise after checking out the ducks in the pond.
The giraffes are always a big hit at the zoo. Ben, Dani, and Brevon look at the giraffe who is looking for the snack that Brevon is holding.
Then it was Ben's turn. He held it out, but when the giraffe stuck his tongue out, Ben kind of threw the biscuit at him.
Kyle had his turn too. Aunt Niki got him right up close and Kyle thought it was great fun to put that biscuit in the giraffe's mouth. 
Kyle really did better with the whole zoo experience than I thought he would. He would see an animal and get excited. He'd point at it and chatter away. He especially like the birds and the monkeys.
The giraffes are always a big hit at the zoo. Ben, Dani, and Brevon look at the giraffe who is looking for the snack that Brevon is holding.
Then it was Ben's turn. He held it out, but when the giraffe stuck his tongue out, Ben kind of threw the biscuit at him.
Kyle had his turn too. Aunt Niki got him right up close and Kyle thought it was great fun to put that biscuit in the giraffe's mouth. 
Kyle really did better with the whole zoo experience than I thought he would. He would see an animal and get excited. He'd point at it and chatter away. He especially like the birds and the monkeys.
Ben can't wait to go back, although I am not sure if it is because of the animals or because it is a day out with the cousins.

No comments:
Post a Comment