Sunday, May 24, 2009

Trip to Mooville

Friday afternoon we headed up to Battle Creek for a sleepover. Calvin was upgrading Niki & Jason's furnace and I figured Ben would enjoy the chance to hang out with his cousins. After dinner, while the guys were busy working, Niki suggested we head up to Mooville, an ice cream shop they like to go to. I agreed, not knowing what we were getting ourselves into. It was Kyle's bedtime when we left and it was a 20 minute drive. Kyle fussed most of the way there, but you couldn't hear it over the sound of Ben, Brevon, Lexi and Dani. As we were driving up to the dairy farm, Niki remembered that it was the dairy's anniversary weekend for opening up the creamery, so there were 2 inflatable slides set up.


It was starting to get dark and it was difficult to get these pictures timed right, but here are Brevon (l) and Ben (r) going down the steep slide.




The next one was two slides with an obstacle course in the middle. Ben really isn't waving at me, but he sure looks cute.


Here is Lexi. She was being a little show off. I was having a hard time deciding which picture to use of her.



I thought I got a couple of good pictures of Dani, but this is the only decent picture I got of her all night with Brevon coming down behind her.


I did go though the obstacle course with Kyle once, but it was getting very busy and I didn't want Kyle to get hurt. I did let him go down the final slide in between kids, but I think he was getting over stimulated, because his jaw starting jittering. Niki took him to check out the petting zoo that they have set up year round. Kyle loved the animals and we had a hard time getting him to say goodbye to the animals to go inside to eat ice cream.


I didn't get my camera out for pictures inside, but the kids thoroughly enjoyed their ice cream. Even Kyle who usually only takes one or two bites, was having fun taking snitches off of Ben and Brevon's cones (thank goodness I had a little dish and spoon in the diaper bag). It was a little bit quieter on the ride back to Niki's. By the time we got the last kiddo in bed it was 10:20. We were nice and even brought back some sweet treats for our hubby's.


Thank you Aunt Niki for the ice cream and the fun sleepover :)

No comments: