So, after lunch, we headed over to Grandma Barb's to look at kittens. Ben pretty quickly decided on the one with the most grey tiger-stripe through it. I on the other hand was leaning towards the little white runt (I actually wanted to take all 5 of them home, but knew that Calvin would throw a fit). Grandma Barb said that she didn't think the runt would make it around the horse farm and my heart melted a little more for it. So, I called Calvin to see if he would be okay with me taking home a second kitten (for Kyle of course :))in hopes that the little guy might make it. He agreed and he headed home with two kittens.
We put a large box in the garage for them to stay in until they get a little bigger. They are all set with food and water and a little litter box. I brought up the scrapes from Kyle's sleep sacks for them to use for a little bed (who wouldn't like a bed of polar fleece). Niki and Jason said they would bring us down stuff to de-worm and stuff next time the come this direction. And when our two new little boys get a little bigger, they will take care of their snip jobs for us. Thanks Niki and Jason!!
Well , here they are.
We don't have names for them yet, but the top names for Ben's is Diego (his imaginary friend), Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Jimmy Johnson, Cinder (after Grandma Barb's sheep), and as I tucked him into bed he thought Hugs would be a good for his kitty.
Kyle won't hold his kitty yet, but Ben proudly took a picture with him. The runt's top names are Freddy(His original imaginary friend), Carl Edwards, Piglet, Snowball, and Kisses (also suggested by Ben at bed time).
It is so hard to say yet, but I think the runt is going to be the more affectionate one of the two kittens. They are quite tame, but haven't been worked with a whole lot yet, so it is hard to tell. Ben can't wait for them to start purring. Kyle doesn't like it when the are in their box. He wants them sitting on my lap so he can come and look at them and quick pet them if he wants to. Kyle is really funny to watch with him. He giggles and gets all bashful when we get them out. Most of the time he just rides his scooter through the garage.
Rupert (our dog) wants to check them out (I think he wants to play with them). The kittens hissed the first time he walked over, but seemed to be fine with him after that. I guess time will tell if we will end up like our cat from last fall that was so affectionate with Ben and would even snuggle up a take a nap with Rupert.

No comments:
Post a Comment