It must be that time of year when all the virus start running rampant...Tuesday I received an email from a church member informing me that her son just came down with chicken pox and he was probably contagious at church the previous Sunday. Ben is vaccinated, but Kyle is not. We'll have to wait and see. Kyle had a hard time falling asleep that night. I finally thought that he must have more teeth bothering, so I went to give him ibuprophen and he started vomitting. This continued for what felt like forever, but probably only 5-10 minutes. He has had a cold since then and I think some body ache, to which I gave ibuprophen (he started to throw it up one time, but has been fine since). Last night at 11:15 p.m., Ben woke up screaming because he had gotten sick everywhere. He said his head hurt. Today, he has bearly kept ice chips down. He has had a fever and a lot of body aches, but I can't give him anything, because it won't stay down.
As he was curled up on my lap, I was recalling a year ago (well a couple days short of a year ago) when Kyle was just two days old and Ben coming down with a high fever and nasty cold. He curled up in my lap just like he did today, although he has grown a bit and can't quite fit under my chin like he did last year. Last year, it was Ben who was jealous of Kyle taking up my lap and this year it is Kyle jealous of Ben getting all the extra attention and spending so much time on my lap. It must be something about this time of year when all the germs run rampant...
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment