Friday, March 6, 2009

Ben, the proud Monster Truck Driver!?


Ben has been asking since Christmas when he could take Kyle for a ride in his "Monster Truck" (really it's a Chevy Silverado yard vehicle). I have been making excuses, the most important one being that the little boy who owned the truck before us had tucked the seatbelts inside. While Kyle was busy playing in the driveway and Ben was finishing his nap, I quick fixed the seatbelts. Ben was so excited after his nap that he was finally going to take Kyle for his first Monster Truck ride. I was really expecting Kyle to cry, but at one point, he actually flashed me a smile. I told Ben that he had to go slow and no going over Bumps or turning fast.

Ben & Kyle getting ready for their first trip together (notice blanky had to go with Kyle as well)

After a couple of laps around the driveway, Kyle is smiling just a tad. Ben was tickled when we got to the back yard and I told him that Kyle was doing well enough that he could make it go fast. Ben thought going fast was a lot of fun because Mom had to run to get ahead to attempt to take some pictures. He also thought that since he was given permission to go fast, it must also mean that he has permission to try to jump over the small mound of mulch in the back yard, but Mom knew what he was up to and put an end to that pretty quick.

Final lap on the way back to the house...Ben is still beaming.

No comments: