Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Mystery of the Folded Socks

Yesterday after supper, Calvin took the boys downstairs, so I stayed upstairs to fold the two baskets of laundry that were waiting for me. One basket was Kyle's sheets that he threw up on Thursday night along with clothes from his room and some miscellaneous stuff that was setting on top of the washing machine when I started the load. The other was a basket of colors.

As I started folding the first basket I noticed that all MY socks were folded in the basket, but they were scattered throughout the basket. Strange, but I kept folding thinking what a wonderful husband I had for folding my socks for me. I thought it was strange that I didn't remember wearing my red socks or my pink striped socks this week, but was just so amazed that Calvin had helped out with the laundry so I kept folding. When I finished that basket, the only socks that were NOT folded were one pair of Kyle's. It puzzled me a little bit, but I continued folding the second basket of clothes. I finally reached over and opened one of the pairs of socks to make sure they hadn't gone through the wash folded, but they were all dry. Yep, must have a pretty special husband to fold my socks!

So, the boys came back up and I should have just kept my thoughts to myself, but thought I would thank Calvin for helping out with the laundry. Calvin gave me a strange look and said that he did not fold any socks. Ben was sitting right there as well and he also said he didn't fold the socks. Now, I know 20 month old Kyle is not coordinated enough to fold socks, so how did the socks get in the basket all folded? Why were there so many of my socks when I didn't grab any clothes out of my room for the load? My conclusion -Kyle. He may not be able to fold, but he could carry the socks to the laundry room and put them in the dryer. But, since Kyle doesn't communicate that well, I guess we will never know.

No comments: